What can we help you with?
Frequently Asked Questions
- Are Avtron load banks suitable for marine environments?
- Are load banks available on a highway trailer?
- Can a Three-Phase Portable Load Bank be used on a Single-Phase Application?
- Can Avtron load banks equipped with SIGMA network with third party load banks?
- Can I control my load bank with my PC?
- Can I link the load bank into my existing building management system?
- Can I perform high frequency testing using a load bank?
- Can I power controls and fans from internal supply or external power supply? Can I switch between the two?
- Can I rent your load banks?
- Can I use my load bank at voltages lower than the rated capacity?
- Can I use my own load bank software and can I create my own Modbus system?
- Can load banks be supplied with Quick Connectors in place of lugs?
- Can SIGMA LT work with capacitive load?
- Can SIGMA LT work with reactive load?
- Can SIGMA work with Medium Voltage load bank?
- Can we apply 208V to a 480V/240V the Loadbank and make it functional using the internal power for the controls and blowers? What is the resulting kW rating?
- Can you retrofit a SIGMA control to load bank that doesn’t have it?
- Do you offer cable storage reels?
- Do you sell power cables with the load banks?
- Does altitude affect the performance of the load bank?
- Does SIGMA offer diagnostic capabilities?
- How are load banks used in data centers?
- How are load banks used to test generator performance?
- How are load banks used to test power distribution systems?
- How are the load banks used in Engine Generator Tier IV applications?
- How can a load bank reduce generator emissions and improve backup power reliability?
- How can a SIGMA load bank control system streamline testing?
- How can auto load or site load settings be changed?
- How can I apply load to different types of circuits?
- How can load banks be protected from environmental conditions including inclement weather?
- How do I apply load on a SIGMA LT hand-held?
- How do I change the logo on SIGMA PC Software test reports?
- How do I change the settings on a SIGMA LT hand-held?
- How do I choose load bank controls? SIGMA LT vs SIGMA 2 controlled load bank options
- How do I connect the power cables to the load bank?
- How do I connect the wireless gateway?
- How do I connect wireless control to a Load Bank?
- How do I control individual SIGMA LT load banks in a network?
- How do I data capture on a SIGMA LT hand-held?
- How do I fix the load bank fan/blower motor if it is running in reverse?
- How do I get started using SIGMA LT?
- How do I know the correct trip setpoint of the overload relays for the blower motors of load banks?
- How do I operate SIGMA LT Hand-Held controller?
- How do I see status and events on the SIGMA LT hand-held?
- How do I set up a basic test using SIGMA 2 hand-held?
- How do I setup and print test reports on SIGMA PC Software?
- How do I update firmware on a SIGMA 2 hand-held?
- How do I update firmware on SIGMA LT?
- How do I use a Load Bank with a SIGMA 2 controller in Emergency Control Mode?
- How do I use a Load Bank with a SIGMA 2 controller in Emergency Control Mode?
- How do I use manual control on SIGMA PC software?
- How do I use the SIGMA 2 Hand-Held Controller?
- How do load banks communicate with control systems to modbus?
- How far can the remote control panel be from a load bank?
- How many control wires are needed between the Load Bank and the Control Panel?
- How many load banks can I connect with SIGMA 2?
- How many load banks can I connect with SIGMA LT?
- How should 8000 SERIES containerized load banks be shipped?
- How to connect multiple 2000 series SIGMA LT load banks using a hand held controller?
- How to connect Sigma LT and Sigma 2 load banks and control them altogether?
- How to limit the total load bank capacity on SIGMA LT load banks?
- How to maintain the 2000 series Load Bank?
- How to properly duct a permanent load bank from inside to outside the building?
- I want to return my faulty Load Bank or its parts to the factory for inspection and repair. What is the process and who do I contact to do so?
- I’m experiencing issues with my SIGMA PC software.
- Is it safe to operate Model 4800 Load Bank when it is raining?
- Is the camlok connection on the load bank male or female?
- Is there a -50° C option for 4800 load bank?
- Is there a 3-position selector switch (Internal-External-OFF) for fans & controls on 3000 series static load banks?
- My SIGMA 2 Load Bank Control Module is showing “n” code – “Load Bank firmware upgrade in progress” on the LED status display. What does that mean?
- What are basic operating components that make load banks work?
- What are best practices for maintaining load banks?
- What are some of the factors that could cause an Overtemperature condition?
- What are the available SCCR ratings?
- What are the control methods offered in SIGMA 2 load control?
- What are the control methods offered in the SIGMA LT range of load banks?
- What are the default settings for auto load?
- What are the dimensions of the radiator-mounted load bank?
- What are the discharge temperatures from load bank?
- What are the required clearances for airflow for permanent load banks?
- What does adaptive load correction do?
- What is a load bank?
- What is a SIGMA Load Control?
- What is non-unity power factor?
- What is required for extreme temperatures?
- What is required for high saline environment applications?
- What is site load correction?
- What is the difference between a resistive and reactive load bank?
- What is the difference between load bank series numbers?
- What is the difference between SIGMA 2 and SIGMA LT control?
- What is the IP rating of the 3000, 6000 & 8000 Series Load Banks?
- What is the maximum altitude I can use an Avtron Load Bank?
- What is the maximum recommended distance for controlling a Sigma 2 Load Bank(s)?
- What is the maximum recommended distance for controlling a Sigma LT Load Bank(s)?
- What is the paint colour of the 3000, 6000 & 8000 series load banks?
- What is the required CFM?
- What is the SIGMA Instrumentation System (SIS)?
- What is the SIGMA PC Software?
- What is the sound level of the load bank?
- What is the weight of radiator mount load bank?
- What safety device protects load bank operations?
- What software do I use if I have SIGMA LT?
- What type/size camlok connection do I need for load cables?
- When do I need to test with a capacitive load bank?
- When do you use auto load correction vs site load correction?
- Where can I find Load Bank general anchoring guidelines for 4100, 4500 & 4800?
- Where can I find specifications for load banks?
- Where do I connect my wires inside my load bank for a remote load dump?
- Where does the Current Transformer (CT) get installed for the Auto Load Control (ALC)?
- Where is the CT (current transformer) placed for site load correction?
- Where should the High “H1” side of the Auto Load Controller CT face?
- Why can't I have a specific capacity at ALL voltages?
- Why do I need to disconnect the control transformer as per installation checkout procedure on 4000 series load bank equipped with Control Power Transformer?
- Why is it so expensive to modify a load bank in the field?
- Why is there an “ERR CFG” message on the SIGMA LT display?
- Show all articles ( 110 ) Collapse Articles
< All Topics
Can we apply 208V to a 480V/240V the Loadbank and make it functional using the internal power for the controls and blowers? What is the resulting kW rating?
Applying 208V to a 480V/240V-rated portable/trailer-mounted load bank is generally considered allowable. The reason for this is that the blower motors installed on these loadbanks are typically rated for 208-230/460V.
A. Affected units:
Portable Loadbanks with 480V/240V selection ONLY
Trailer-mounted Loadbanks with 480V/240V selection ONLY
B. Points to consider
The voltage selector needs to be set to 240V
The 208V source frequency needs to match the rated frequency of the loadbank for proper blower motor speed and hence, the proper airflow rate for cooling.
C. Calculation of de-rating with an example:
If the loadbank is rated 500kW at 208V/480V, the derated capacity at 208V is 375kW per the following formula.