Location: Cliffe Road, Easton-on-the-Hill, Stamford, PE9 3NP, United Kingdom
Reporting To: Production Manager
The job title is a broad indication of the work you will be required to do. However, you may be required to undertake other duties within your capabilities, possibly in another Department, particularly when others are absent from work. No job title or job description can be regarded as the precise specification of duties but should be seen as a guide to the main responsibilities.
- Lead, motivate and develop their Team to ensure planned output requirements/quality.
- To work as a team member, be adaptable and able to work with minimum direction. Keep all team members and managers informed of all relevant issues. Ensure regular communication/briefing to provide the team with the relevant information to carry out their duties to maximum effect.
- Provide training where required and to carefully monitor standard and quality of work of team members.
- Ensure team members work has been completed to an acceptable standard and the appropriate quality inspection processes have been completed prior to handover to the next process step.
- Ensure time has been correctly recorded and time sheets have been authorised.
- Where necessary deal with any personnel issues within the team which may arise. At times this may require escalation through the company’s disciplinary procedure.
- Ensure standards are followed and requirements met whilst complying with all Statutory and Company Health and Safety, Environmental, Quality and International Trade Compliance procedures.
- Review team performance regularly to identify areas for improvement and encourage progress of individual team members through performance review and developing and delivering agreed personal development plans.
- Ensure non BOM stock issues and any returns are promptly dealt with and appropriately recorded to ensure stock and costing accuracy.
- Achieve KPI targets; production targets (hours) quality, materials usage variances and absenteeism.
- To complete all work to the required standard in an acceptable time. Completing job cards/production paperwork. Accurately complete all required documentation for compliance against quality and efficiency requirements.
- Develop team working across the section, promoting continuous improvement (LEAN) principles.
- Contribute to the planning, organisation and implementation of all new processes and equipment within the workshop.
- Maintain Company standards, behaving in an ethical and professional manner in all business activities. Ensure all site-specific quality, housekeeping and hygiene standards are achieved or exceeded.
- You will have passed at least 5 GCSEs to grade C or better, including Maths, Science, and English.
- NVQ Level 4 or HNC in applicable engineering/production discipline with a least 2 years’ experience in an engineering, production environment.
- Relevant structured vocational training programme or apprenticeship
- Level 3 Award in First Line Management
- First Aid Qualification