Avtron is seeking to hire a Service Manager who will manage a field service team and factory repair center. The Service Manager will be responsible for developing the field service strategy to ensure that customers receive required start up and repair services for their Avtron products. They will be responsible for creating a profit center by generating profitable revenue through field service and factory repair service offerings.
Working directly with the Customer, Field Service Engineers, and other Avtron stakeholders, the Service manager drives safe execution, customer satisfaction and maintains budget and schedule performance for all assigned projects.
This role requires strong communication skills, organizational skills and the ability to lead and collaborate with others to ensure reliable delivery of services to Avtron’s customer base. The Service Manager manages multiple active orders and therefore must be self-driven with the ability to monitor and control multiple orders in any given day. Additional responsibilities are described below.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and execute a field service strategy ensuring that customer receive timely start up and on-site repair services
- Manage the factory service center
- Supervise a team of field service technicians. Technicians maybe a combination of direct labor and 3rd party service providers.
- Identify and train 3rd party service providers that can assist with field service in geographies not covered by Avtron personnel.
- Schedule and dispatch service technicians to provide on-site field services
- Create a strategy to drive profitable growth though field service and factory repair offerings
- Lead periodic operational review meetings with the customer to maintain schedule and project organization/key contacts
- Regularly communicate with customers regarding project status, resource availability and other service-related needs
- Develop and report relevant KPI to track and improve team performance.
- Travel up to 50%
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
A 4-year business or technical degree is required.
3-5 years of directly related professional level experience including management experience. Should have shown significant technical proficiency, potential for planning, good judgment, willingness to accept responsibility, and the ability to communicate, follow through, and give technical direction. Background in electrical power equipment preferred.
- Excellent communication skills
- Solid organizational, interpersonal skills, and leadership abilities
- Customer centric approach
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows software – Power Point, Excel, Word, Access & Outlook
- Working knowledge of CRM software offerings.