6255 Halle Drive, Cleveland, Ohio, 44125, United States
This position is responsible for planning, scheduling, coordinating, and monitoring products through the complete production cycle. This position involves coordinating production schedules, managing inventory levels, and optimizing resource allocation to meet customer demands while minimizing costs and ensuring quality standards. Coordinates production plans to ensure materials are provided according to schedules. May act as team lead, when needed. The Production Planner works closely with various departments, including Engineering, Production, Procurement, Sales, and other departments to achieve optimum utilization of facilities in meeting production schedules. This position will report directly to the Planning Manager.
Duties / Tasks
- Maintain and oversee the Heijunka Board to know status of orders, actively lead the production meeting to ensure on-time shipment of customer orders, work with the team to address missed dates, obtain recovery dates, providing updated information to Sales/Customer Service within agreed upon timeframes.
- Responsible for maintaining Heijunka Status Report in Teams
- Ensure that published Production Plans in Teams remain up to date.
- Provide status updates on Cleveland orders during Sales Call.
- Adjust and reschedule sales orders and work orders in SAP as needed to accommodate changes in customer priorities, expedited orders, and material shortages, providing updated information to Sales/Customer Service within agreed upon timeframes.
- Responsible for running MRP for Production Planner’s assigned items, manage exception messages and clean-up aging work orders.
- Manage work order and sales order dates in SAP
- Responsible for closing work orders
- Accountable for promptly managing Engineering Change Notices (ECNs) and updating work orders with the necessary Bill of Materials (BOM) changes within agreed upon timeframes of receiving the ECN.
- Collaborate with various departments to ensure the execution of manufacturing schedules.
- Print work orders, create and distribute job packets to include drawings, ECN’s and any other special documentation.
- Schedule CSA/NRTL Inspections as dictated by sales orders and communicate the inspection dates to the team.
- Responsible for managing/updating VIN Trailer log and in SAP.
- Manage External Orders (Outside Processing) for Cleveland manufacturing.
- Coordinate delivery expectations and execution for major projects.
- Provide listing of excess finished goods inventory to Sales/Customer Service.
- Report KPI Performance for the Daily Scorecard.
- Back up Planning Manager as needed
- Maintain Item Master Data as needed.
- Perform additional duties or projects as directed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management or equivalent work experience
- SAP Business One or related ERP experience a plus but not required.
- Proficient in ERP systems within manufacturing environment with strong background in MRP and the ability to analyze/investigate data within an MRP System.
- Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma experience a plus but not required.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills with the ability to find and analyze data resulting in a focused drive of planning actions and initiatives.
- Familiar with production planning concepts (e.g. materials requirement planning bills of materials, shop orders and manufacturing flows).
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize multiple activities simultaneously.
- Strong organizational skills: ability to efficiently work on multiple tasks with frequent interruptions.
- Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Capable of working both independently and effectively with cross-functional teams to accomplish project/departmental goals
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Demonstrated strong Customer focus.
- Must have intermediate to advanced proficiency in PC applications (ie: Excel, Word, Teams, and Outlook).
- Possesses a sense of urgency.
- Primarily office environment with some time spent in manufacturing areas and warehousing space