Field Service Technician
Avtron is seeking to hire a Field Service Technician who will perform field service to install, commission, repair, and troubleshoot load bank products installed at customer sites. The Field Service Technician will travel to customer sites, troubleshoot product, and perform repairs as needed. When not on a customers site, this position will be responsible for performing product repairs in the factory, or communicating with customers to help troubleshoot products remotely.
- Provide service support to customers by installing, troubleshooting, and maintaining load banks.
- Perform and document all maintenance activities.
- Diagnose errors or technical problems, repairs or replaces defective units/components as appropriate.
- Use test and diagnostic equipment to isolate malfunctions.
- Conduct equipment/system acceptance testing following established procedures.
- Complete customer site trainings and safety briefings as needed.
- Perform system demonstrations at customer sites and foster positive customer relationships.
- Prepare and document the details of resolution to the problem from each customer site upon completion of the visit.
- Troubleshoot and repair product that has been returned to the factory service center.
- Duties may be modified or assigned at any time to meet the needs of the business.
- Minimum of 3 years of Field Service experience, preferably in the power generation or backup power industry.
- Knowledge of electronic and mechanical assemblies, as well as wiring diagrams and schematics required.
- Customer interface and communication skills, both verbal and written, are a must.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Willingness to work overtime as requested and non-standard hours, including weekends and holidays.
- Must be team player with ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment with minimal oversight.
- Must be available to travel on short notice, non-standard hours, travel on weekends, and assist other field sites as required.
- Ability to obtain OSHA 70E certification.
- Travel up to 90%
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or GED required, electrical apprenticeship or other related training preferred.
- 3+ years of related experience. Background in electrical power equipment preferred.