Director of Sales
The Director of Sales & Service is responsible for leading and managing all activities in support of the Company’s sales and service department while ensuring that company standards are achieved and maintained with a targeted emphasis on continuous improvement, providing support, structure and documented formalized training for employee development. The position requires a hands-on, self-starter with the ability to motivate and lead subordinates and others. The Director of Sales & Service must be a skilled communicator who is able to convey information, ideas and policy to all levels within the organization.
- Oversee the development and execution of effective strategic account plans by Regional Managers for target accounts. Develop and leverage high level relationships in key accounts.
- Drive organization to achieve sales success. Develop and maintain processes for effective and efficient sales team performance.
- Develop organizational teamwork for effective cooperation among sales, business development, engineering and manufacturing.
- Improve competitiveness through strategic and tactical promotional programs utilizing digital and print based media. Manage promotional budget and resources.
- Work closely with Director of Marketing to develop successful solutions to customer needs and manage process of proposal development.
- Work closely with Customer Service, Inside Sales and Production departments on customer schedules, expedites, terms and conditions review and order clean-up
Work closely with the Sales Teams globally to develop and implement selling strategies for new and existing products into new and existing markets globally.
- Maximize impact in delivering ultimate customer experience and brand strength.
- Maintain fiscal responsibility for related travel, entertainment expenses and assigned budgets.
- Review reports, attend and participate in scheduled team meetings, prepare and provide data reporting for management measurements of revenue and margin results. Present appropriate content at periodic Business Review meetings.
- May be required to attend trade shows, seminars, industry related conventions and training.
- Measure and monitor variety of Sales KPIs like quotation volume, close rates, sales revenue, sales calls, gross margin, opportunity slip rates and other such indicators for Sales Organization.
- Take a leadership role with business process improvement initiatives.
- Continuous improvement, sales process, quotation, sales team support.
- Assume additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Actively participate as a member of the Avtron management team.
- Initiate and provide leadership for integration and process improvement opportunities.
- Internal employees in sales, marketing, engineering and operations.
- External customers for market research, new product ideas, large project opportunities, etc.
- Executive Management at Load bank Business in the functional areas listed above.
- Experience in the sale of capital equipment (industrial/electrical test equipment).
- Ability to travel approximately 30% (as required) including planned customer appointments, trade shows, conventions, and availability for factory tours and entertainment during customer visits.
- Working knowledge of sales processes, price book, quotations process.
- Knowledge or experience with electrical power circuits, power testing, power distribution, or standby emergency power equipment is a plus.
- Strong orientation as it relates to dealing with customers and clients.
- Self-starter with an enthusiastic level of motivation and excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong team player 4-6 years participating in project teams or major projects.
Education and/or Experience
- BSEE, BSME or equivalent technical work experience.
- MBA required.
- 10+ years in sales and sales management positions.
- 5+ years of technical sales experience.
- Excellent written & presentation skills.
- Strong business acumen.
- Good creative ability.
- Advanced problem solving skills.
- Solid organizational skills.
- Strong ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Experience with Windows software, especially Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Microsoft Project.
- Working knowledge of ERP system and order processing.
- Working knowledge of CRM (data entry, use, and report generation).